Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Fishing at dawn on East Lake / Pêcher à l'aube sur le lac East

I openly admit that I'm not an early-riser. However, recently on vacation, I accidentally rose early one fine morning and looked out over the lake from our cottage rental. The sky was bright and the shoreline across from us was in deep shadows. After a moment, I noticed a small fishing boat quietly floating in the shadows with a couple of people patiently trolling for the catch-of-the-day. It was a lovely scene that I've attempted to capture in a quick watercolour study.

Watercolour in a Fabriano watercolour sketchbook 200 gsm, 27 x 17 cm (10.75 x 6.75 inches). 

J'avoue sans hésitation que je ne suis pas du matin. Pourtant, récemment, en vacances, je me suis levée tôt par hasard un beau matin et j'ai contemplé le lac de notre chalet loué. Le ciel était lumineux et la rive d'en face était plongée dans une profonde ombre. Au bout d'un instant, j'ai aperçu une petite bateau de pêche qui flottait tranquillement dans la pénombre, avec deux personnes à bord qui pêchaient patiemment. C'était une scène charmante que j'ai tenté de saisir dans une rapide aquarelle. 

Aquarelle dans un carnet de croquis à l'aquarelle Fabriano 200 gsm, 27 x 17 cm (10.75 x 6.75 pouces). 

No comments: