Sunday, April 26, 2015

Forest at night / Le forêt dans la nuit


Late one night, I got up and looked out at the forest. It was a cloudy, moonless night, so I didn't see very much - in fact there was an almost absolute blackness. When I turned on the floodlights outside, I could see the first line of trees clearly and further away everything gracefully fell into greys and blacks again. Quite impressive I thought. Here's an attempt at conveying that scene.
Lamy Safari pen with Noodler's Lexington grey ink in a Moleskine sketchbook.

Très tard une nuit, je me levai et regardai la forêt. C'était une nuit nuageux sans lune, donc je ne voyais pas beacoup - en fait, il y avait une noirceur presque absolue. Lorsque j'ai allumé les lumières à l'extérieur, je pouvais voir la première ligne d'arbres clairement et plus loin tout transformaient dans gris et les noirs. Très impressionnant, j'ai pensé. Voici une tentative de capturer cette scène.
Stylo Lamy Safari avec l'encre gris Lexington de Noodlers dans un carnet de croquis Moleskine.

No comments: