Saturday, March 4, 2023

Another stream in winter / Un autre ruisseau en hiver

It seems at this time of year, I have a tendency to paint scenes of streams flowing through snowy landscapes. I guess that I could do worse. Having taken a walk yesterday in my favorite local park - Lac Leamy - I took a photo of a small stream meandering through the forest and I painted it today while waiting for the snow plough to clean our street (and leave a heavy snowbank for me to clear). I find it appealing to see water flowing in these frigid scenes because it reminds me that the miracle of spring is only a few weeks away. Let the magic begin!

Gouache painting in a Fabriano watercolour sketchbook, 20.5 x 25.5 cm (8 x 10 inches).

Il semble qu'à cette période de l'année, j'ai tendance à peindre des scènes de ruisseaux traversant des paysages enneigés. Je suppose que je pourrais faire pire. Après avoir promené hier dans mon parc local préféré - le Lac Leamy - j'ai pris une photo d'un petit ruisseau serpentant à travers la forêt et je l'ai peint aujourd'hui en attendant que le chasse-neige nettoie notre rue (et me laisse un lourd banc de neige pour pelter). Je trouve attrayant de voir de l'eau couler dans ces scènes glaciales car cela me rappelle que le miracle du printemps n'est qu'à quelques semaines. Que la magie commence! 

Peinture à la gouache dans un carnet de croquis aquarelle Fabriano, 20,5 x 25,5 cm (8 x 10 pouces).

No comments: