Saturday, December 17, 2022

Tiger swallowtail butterfly on chives / Papillon machaon tigre sur la ciboulette


This painting is of a tiger swallowtail butterfly on some chive flowers. It's based on a photo that I took a couple of years ago. However I admit that I found it surprising to see a butterfly on these flowers which have an onion-like smell, but I guess that there must be some nectar in the flower to attract them. At any rate, I thought that it would make a colourful painting.

Oil painting, 50 x 50 cm (20 x 20 inches).

Cette peinture est d'un papillon machaon tigre sur des fleurs de ciboulette. C'est basé sur une photo que j'ai prise il y a quelques années. Cependant j'avoue que j'ai trouvé surprenant de voir un papillon sur ces fleurs qui ont une odeur d'oignon, mais je suppose qu'il doit y avoir du nectar dans la fleur pour les attirer. En tout cas, je pensais que cela ferait un tableau coloré.

Peinture à l'huile, 50 x 50 cm (20 x 20 pouces)

No comments: