Sunday, December 10, 2017

Elizabeth



I made this watercolour painting of my granddaughter, Elizabeth, and her pet dog from a photo that someone took on a smart phone. I thought that the photo was particularly good - catching a great expression and pose of my young granddaughter from a good perspective. However, I took some liberties with my painting by removing a brick wall which was behind her and replacing it with a small garden of day lilies. I felt that this made a more interesting composition. 
Watercolour on Fabriano Artistico paper, 30 x 40 cm (12 x 16 inches).

J'ai fait cette peinture à l'aquarelle de ma petite-fille, Elizabeth, et de son chien à partir d'une photo que quelqu'un a prise sur un téléphone intelligent. Je pensais que la photo était particulièrement bonne - elle a attrapé une bonne expression et pose de ma petite-fille d'un bon point de vue. Cependant, j'ai pris quelques libertés avec ma peinture en enlevant un mur de briques qui était derrière elle et en le remplaçant par un petit jardin de lis de jour. J'ai senti que cela faisait une composition plus intéressante.
Aquarelle sur papier Fabriano Artistico, 30 x 40 cm (12 x 16 pouces).



No comments: