Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Shoreline / Rivage

I've been busy lately moving my dock to another location on my property. Its a fairly labour-intensive job since it also involves building an additional dock and a new deck on the shoreline. This is the view that I now have from the end of the dock. I sketched this scene in the evening at the cottage. The incredible number of lines that I drew made the work into a sort of meditation.

J'ai été occupé ces derniers temps à déplacer mon quai à un autre endroit sur ​​ma propriété. C'est un travail assez laborieux car il implique également la construction d'un quai supplémentaire et un nouveau deck sur ​​le rivage. Voici la vue que j'ai maintenant de la fin du quai. J'ai dessiné cette scène dans la soirée au chalet. Le grand nombre de lignes que j'ai dessiné était une sorte de méditation.

2 comments:

Parka said...

Beautiful sketch. I like how you depict the different vegetation and form with different line textures and direction.

Rene Fijten said...

Excellent again. Beautiful hatching and dark light contrast. Keep on doing this!