Monday, June 1, 2015

The Bicycle / Le vélo

This is a sketch of my bicycle which I now use fairly frequently to exercise with and to get to places where I can do some sketching. With all of the great bicycle paths in Ottawa-Gatineau, there's no end of possibilities. I really enjoy exploring this urban landscape.
This sketch was made with a Koh-i-Noor Rapidograph technical pen that my friend gave me this weekend. There are seven pens in the set ranging from .25 to .80 mm - I tried out the .35 mm one for this sketch with some Black India Rapidograph waterproof ink that I found in my closet. The ink is really intense and the pen feels solid and produces a nice smooth line. The pen has a refillable cartridge and my friend advised me to use only Rapidograph ink, otherwise the pen could clog. It'll be interesting to experiment with a variety of the pen sizes to see what effects it can produce.
Koh-i-Noor Rapidograph pen with Black India waterproof ink in a Moleskine sketchbook.

Ceci est un croquis de mon vélo que j'utilise maintenant assez fréquemment pour l'exercise et pour me rendre à des endroits où je peux faire quelques esquisses. Avec tous les grands pistes cyclables à Ottawa-Gatineau, il n'y a aucune fin de possibilités. Je prends vraiment plaisir à explorer ce paysage urbain.
Ce croquis a été réalisé avec un stylo technique Koh-i-Noor Rapidograph que mon ami m'a donné cette fin de semaine. Il y a sept stylos dans l'ensemble allant de 0,25 à 0,80 mm - j'ai essayé le 0,35 mm un pour cette esquisse avec de l'encre noir étanche Inde Rapidograph que je trouvais dans mon placard. L'encre est vraiment intense et le stylo se sent solide et produit une belle ligne lisse. Le stylo a une cartouche rechargeable et mon ami m'a conseillé d'utiliser uniquement de l'encre Rapidograph, sinon le stylo pourrait obstruer. Il sera intéressant d'expérimenter avec une variété de tailles de stylos pour voir quels sont les effets qu'elle peut produire.
Koh-i-Noor Rapidograph stylo avec encre de Chine noire imperméable à l'eau dans un carnet de croquis Moleskine.



No comments: